Bringing out the best in your smile…
Dr. Karla Rothfus enjoys performing exceptional dentistry in Medford, Oregon. She is a caring individual with an eye for detail. Nothing makes her happier than changing someone’s life by changing their smile, or in some cases, giving them something to smile about.
In today’s society a smile says a lot about who you are and how you feel. A smile from a stranger can brighten our day when we are feeling down.
It can warm our hearts, and make us fall in love. A smile gives us confidence to go out and get the job of our dreams or to ask that special someone on a date. Winners smile… it is the universal symbol of joy and happiness. Can you imagine for one second, not having the confidence to smile…?
Many people lack the confidence to smile. They hate the way they appear to others. As a matter of fact, they avoid mirrors, are often awkward in social settings and can seem upset or sad, just because they don’t smile. It may seem vain, but self confidence gives us the power to make things happen. Without it, some people go through life hiding in the shadows hoping no one will notice them. Thankfully, with the advancements in dental technology, this doesn’t have to be the case. If you’re not happy with the shape, color, or size of your teeth… there is a solution.
The Art of Smile Design and “Smile Makeovers”
Luckily for the residents of Medford, Oregon and the entire Rogue Valley, Dr. Karla Rothfus has invested many hours in pursuing an enhanced knowledge in the art of smile design. Over the past 15 years she has performed countless “smile makeovers”, from Miss Oregon to International Models to school teachers. People have come from all over Southern Oregon to be treated by the caring and professional Dr. Karla Rothfus.
Subtle changes in shape and color of teeth can have a huge impact. It is very common for someone to get their teeth fixed, look in the mirror, and instantly feel and look 10 years younger. As we age, our teeth become worn down, chipped, discolored and start to show generalized wear and tear. The true art of smile design is to restore the teeth to a “like new” condition, without making them look fake. Many of the “smiles” you see on television today, look fake, or as Dr. Karla says, “They look like Chicklets”! Using proper techniques and the best labs in the country, Dr. Karla Rothfus work hard to make sure that you get the smile you want and deserve. That’s exactly what Dr. Karla at Rothfus Family Dental can provide. The greatest compliment you can receive after you get your “new smile” is for a friend to ask you… “What have you done different, you look radiant… or… Did you color your hair”? When they can’t tell it was a “new smile”, we know we have done our job.
Like a work of art, not everyone thinks the same thing looks beautiful. We understand that your idea of what you want from your smile is of utmost importance. We will guide you through the process, but in the end, you are the boss. You’re the one in the driver’s seat. We just help you get where you want to go.
We focus on helping people look and feel their best with a beautiful new smile. With the latest advances in dentistry, we can help create a smile you can’t wait to use – over and over again. We have even had people call us a week after they received their new smile saying their face literally hurts, from smiling so much!
The doctor has had extensive training in the art of Smile Design. She uses only the best labs to create the most beautiful, natural looking smiles. Dr. Karla Rothfus has attended the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, and has done hundreds of smile makeovers, and full mouth reconstruction’s. Restoring someone’s smile, can give them a “new” confidence. Confidence is what helps in job interviews, dating and overall life success.
These are just some of the ways the doctors at Rothfus Family Dental are “Making Smiles Happen, Daily”!
- Teeth whitening: Impressions are taken and upper and lower clear plastics “whitening trays” are fabricated. Then the patient takes the trays home, and places a small amount of whitening gel in each tray. These trays are worn for 1 hour daily, over the next two weeks. The amount your teeth whiten can vary greatly, but in our experience almost anyone can benefit from a whiter brighter smile. It is important to know that, old fillings and crowns will not whiten.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are used when a person has good tooth structure, but doesn’t like the shape or color of their teeth. In many cases, a small amount of tooth structure is removed, temporaries are made and “new coverings” of porcelain are built at the lab to give you a straighter whiter appearance. You can help determine the most esthetic shape and color, and the team at Rothfus Family Dental has extensive training and can guide you seamlessly through this process. Once the veneers come back from the lab, they are fitted and bonded to your teeth. Some people call this procedure “instant orthodontics”.
- Porcelain crowns: Porcelain crowns are very similar to porcelain veneers. The main difference being that crowns typically surround the entire tooth, and veneers are mostly on the front of the teeth. The doctor will place crowns in areas where the teeth are severely misaligned or where more strength is indicated.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are made of titanium and replace the root of a tooth after it has been extracted. Once healed, the doctor takes an impression of the implant and fabricates a crown to replace the missing tooth. Implants are the treatment of choice in the front of the mouth when a tooth is missing, however they can be placed anywhere in the mouth where there is adequate bone to support them. They can also be used to provide retention for dentures and partials.
- Tooth colored fillings: These tooth colored fillings are better known as composite restorations. Old silver mercury fillings are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Aside from the concerns many people have regarding mercury, we have found that silver fillings are unsightly, and over time can cause cracks in teeth leading to more costly extensive treatment in the future. Composite fillings, are more forgiving on the tooth, and are the same color as the teeth. They tend to last a long time and are easy to repair.
- Clear braces: Clear Correct® and Invisalign® are examples of clear braces. The doctors take very detailed impressions of your upper and lower teeth. Those impressions are sent to a lab and a plan is determined for aligning or straightening your teeth. Then the lab fabricates a series of thin clear plastic trays. Each tray is worn for 3 weeks and the teeth are moved .2mm with each tray. After three weeks, a new set of trays are placed in your mouth. The trays are worn 24 hours a day, except to eat and when cleaning them. Many people prefer these clear braces over conventional wires and brackets, but not all cases can be corrected using the clear braces. Make an appointment today to see if you are a candidate for clear braces.
- Zoom power laser whitening: Zoom whitening was made popular by the television show, Extreme Makeover. It is an in office whitening, where the dental professional, carefully applies an enhanced whitening gel to the surfaces of the teeth while protecting the gums. Then a bright light is placed closely to the surface of the teeth, to “activate” the whitening solution. This solution is left on for 15 minutes and then rinsed. This process is repeated 2 more times, or until the desired level of whitening is achieved. The process takes about an hour and a half, and the results are instant.
- Laser gum contouring: Laser gum contouring is the process of “sculpting” your gums with a diode laser to achieve a more symmetrical appearance. A numbing agent is applied to the gums, and the dentist gently and painlessly uses small brush strokes to artistically shape your gums. Sometimes people come in wanting longer teeth because theirs are short in appearance. In some cases the teeth are not too short, but the gums are too “long”. Once the gums are shaped to the proper contours, the teeth can be seen and they now have a longer and more shapely, youthful appearance. The doctor may also contour the gums to aid in a smile design where she are placing veneers or crowns. This can lead to a more optimal esthetic result.
Dr. Karla Rothfus wants to help you show your best smile. Rothfus Family Dental in Medford, Oregon is “the” place to go for your smile make over.
From the simplest of tooth shaping procedures, to the most advanced full mouth reconstruction, the doctors have your best interest at heart and can develop a treatment plan that will meet your needs, wants, and pocketbook.
Give us a call today at (541) 858-7994 and find out how we are “Making Smiles Happen, Daily”!