Thanks to the advancement in diagnostic tools, going to the dentist can be a positive experience. Dr.’s Karla and Randall Rothfus (Rothfus family Dentistry) stay abreast of the latest in dental technology by reading scientific dental journals, attending continuing education courses, and frequenting trade shows. These tools not only help us diagnose the problems, but often result in more conservative treatment options. It’s important to make sure that the dentist you choose is using the most up to date techniques and is constantly learning, and attending continuing dental education courses. Some dentists try to take only the bare minimum classes that are required to get their dental license renewed.
The doctors at Rothfus Family Dental in Medford, Oregon want to make certain they are providing their patients the best dentistry in the Rogue Valley. It’s not uncommon for Doctors, Karla and Randall Rothfus, to take 2 to 3 times the required amount of continuing education courses within a two year period. Not only is this a recommendation of the Oregon Board of Dentistry, but it gives you, the patient, peace of mind. Your health is our number one priority.
At Rothus Family Dentistry in Medford Oregon, our state of the art services include:
- INTRA-ORAL CAMERA: The Doctors and team at Rothfus Family Dental use an intraoral camera to aid in the diagnosis of tooth fractures, cracks in the teeth and fillings, evaluating soft tissues, and patient education. The camera allows you to see what we see. It is also useful to aid in obtaining reimbursement from your insurance company for dental procedures.
- CEREC SINGLE VISIT RESTORATIONS: We use Cad/Cam technology to make single visit porcelain crowns and onlays. Your tooth is prepared and an optical impression is taken using a 3d camera. The image goes directly into our computer and the doctor designs a restoration that fits perfectly in your tooth. The ceramic restoration is then bonded to your tooth structure. This eliminates the use of a temporary, and no second appointment is necessary.
- DIGITAL XRAYS: Our office uses digital x-ray technology. An x-ray is taken and is instantly displayed on the computer screen. They have superior contrast and allow the doctors to make better diagnostic decisions. These x-rays use up to 50% less radiation. They are safer in the long run to both you and the dental team.
- ELECTRIC DENTAL DRILLS AND FIBER OPTICS: Why would you care about what kind of dental drills a dentist uses… because it can make a huge difference in your perception of your dental visit. Dr.’s Karla and Randall Rothfus have invested in upgrading the old air driven dental drills that most dentists still use to more efficient electric drills. These drills are much quieter than conventional air driven drills. Typical air driven dental drills range from 85 – 100 decibels. The electric dental drills the doctors use for your treatment operate at 55 decibels. For those patients that don’t like the noise produced by the dental drills, this can be a distinct advantage. Another advantage electric drills have over air drills is that the electric drills have a greater torque. This means that it is easier to prepare your tooth with an electric drill. The procedure goes faster and less heat is generated when using an electric dental drill. With the addition of fiber optics to allow a bright steady stream of light on the tooth, your dental appointments can be completed faster and more precisely.
- FDA APPROVED TREATMENT OF SNORING AND SLEEP APNEA: With the recent investigations into “drowsy driving” among commercial truckers, and the fact that many air traffic controllers are falling asleep on the job, there has been a huge push for the testing of sleep disorders. Some 70 million Americans suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Most of these people are undiagnosed. Sleep apnea, a rather common sleep disorder, occurs when the upper air passageway narrows, or in severe cases collapses. When this happens, breathing comes almost to a halt, thus arousing the oblivious sleeper. Sometimes, depending on the case, bouts of apnea can interrupt the sleeper hundreds of times a night, however unaware the sleeper is in the morning. A recent study, performed by the UBC Sleep Disorders Program in Vancouver, British Columbia, shows that people with mild to severe sleep apnea are twice as likely to have a car crash compared to people without sleep apnea, and three to five times as likely to have a crash resulting in personal injury. The doctors at Rothfus Family Dental work with sleep professionals who diagnose your condition, and then can make recommendations on treatment options. The doctors can recommend surgery, the uses of a CPAP machine, or oral appliance therapy. Oral appliance therapy is done in the dental office and involves taking dental impressions and making upper and lower clear plastic trays that fit in your mouth. There is an adjustment on the trays that allows the lower jaw to be pulled forward thus opening the airway allowing the patient to get a steady uninterrupted flow of oxygen. This treatment also eliminates snoring, which can be associated with many health risks, not to mention very disrupting to your bed partner. Ask us today how you could benefit from a “sleep study assessment”.
- ORAL CANCER SCREENING EXAM: Included in your dental examination the doctors will perform a head and neck oral cancer screening exam. The incidences of oral cancers are on the rise in America. They are not only associated with people who smoke, use smokeless tobacco, or use alcohol. Anyone can be a victim. Typically oral cancers are painless and the patient doesn’t even know they have it. This is very important, because these cancers are very aggressive and need to be diagnosed as early as possible. If the doctors see something they are concerned about, they will refer you to an oral surgeon or ENT for further testing. Your health is our primary concern, so you can rest assured that at Rothfus Family Dental, in Medford, Oregon we are watching out for your best interests!
Rothfus Family Dental
At Rothfus Family Dental, it’s our goal to provide you with the highest level of dental care in a safe and caring environment. We want to be there for your entire family, whether you’re 3 or 103.
Providing most aspects of dentistry in one location makes us a true Medford, Oregon general dental practice. We also utilize the most advanced dental techniques, equipment and materials, so that the dentistry you receive will last for many years to come.
Earning your trust and treating you how we would want to be treated is the basis we want to build our dental relationship on. We want to be your dental care provider for a lifetime, and we want to make you a raving fan of our office.
We provide Medford, Oregon family dentistry and Rogue Valley dental services. Call us today to schedule a dental appointment. You’ll be happy you did, because at Rothfus Family Dental, we are… “Making Smiles Happen, Daily.” Medford, Oregon Family Dentistry – (541) 858-7994.